You’ll have seen last week that the Welsh Conservative Group launched a “Cancer Patients’ Fund” policy for Wales.
This is a £100million commitment over the course of the next Assembly. This would:
· Improve access to modern cancer drugs and treatments
· Establish an annual public education campaign to raise awareness of the causes and symptoms of cancer
· Reduce the referral to diagnosis target to 28 days by 2020
· Provide a follow-up appointment guarantee so that all patients are seen within a maximum of six months of the conclusion of their initial cancer treatment episode
· Develop a national mobile cancer treatment service, aimed at prevent long round-trip journeys for patients accessing clinics and chemotherapy treatment
· Appoint a Cancer Patients’ Champion to hold government and health boards to account for the delivery of national and local Cancer Delivery Plans